Thursday, January 11, 2007

"Are you a pro biker?"

That was the question asked while buzzing into the local Starbucks (which is inside the nearest Kroger) by one of the bag boys. While very flattered, I hope he wasn't disappointed by my answer. The other day, a cyclist from the William & Mary cycling team noticed the JRVS kit and promptly asked if I ride for JRVS...

"Yup."
"What are you doing out here????"
"I live here!"

I can't remember his name; but I remember riding with him a couple years ago during their "team training camp"... he did just pick up a sweet Cannondale System Six bike.

I'm steadily progressing in the gym these days... beginning to move into higher weight/lower reps. I'm not sure if I'll be surpassing some of the numbers I put up last year; but my hamstrings are definitely much much stronger than last year!

Recently, one of the local gyms has closed... which has led to a completely new composition of 6am regulars at the Y; entertaining to say the least.

That's all for now... might see some of you at the Waller Mill ride Sunday.

No comments: