Saturday, January 28, 2006

Giggidy.

It's Saturday... a rare day for me to be working. No biggie. The question being how do I squeeze a 3 hour training ride in, work at 9:30, and somehow manage to not intrude on my evening with Katie. Solution? I'm glad I have lights. Gotta love HID lights... they're pretty bright, and cars look at you as if you're some Unknown Rolling Object. At 5:30 am, I awoke to find the temperature 10+ degrees warmer than the weather forecast anticipated... definately a good start. I ate, showered, and prepared to head out the door.

I have to say, 38 degrees with calm wind seemed quite balmy compared to the latest tren of low 30's and 20-40mph winds. My plan was to ride the Bradshaw Rd. loop, and theen continue on to work; which worked out great as I arrived to work at 9:30 on the dot. Oh yeah... due to a generous grant, I'm rolling on brand new DuraAce 10 speed ( much nicer than my used D/A 9). As I rolled out of the driveway, I calibrated my PowerTap (a fairly usual occurence). Anyways, as the sun came up, I was surprised to see my power output higher than norm, but the heart rate right in zone 2. Good stuff indeed.

It was a fairly uneventful ride... although it was neat seeing the sunrise twice. Let me explain... there was the initial sunrise, and then I rounded a mountain that then blocked the sun (all though there was already plenty of ambient light for the second). As I pulled into work, I was happily surprised that my 3 hour ride resulted in an average of 224 watts. Good stuff. Needless to say, I'm glad the Subway next door opens at 9, because I was famished! Oh yeah... I forgot to mention somewhere out near Ironto the temperature must've fallen 10 degrees. Quite chilly. When I got to work, Dave asked if I was cold or bonking... he couldn't really tell. I think I finally warmed up sometime around 12:30. Of course it's 62 degrees now outside, and I'm inside at work.

*this entry (like most) has not been proofread and is laregly the product of a stream of unconsciousness.

No comments: