Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Breaking the silence.

So I haven't been very good at updating my blog. My apologies. I hope you haven't missed me. Nevertheless, the only excuse I can come up with is lack of time. Things have been pretty busy around here, waking up early to train, go to work, get home, eat dinner, go to bed. Far from a monastic approach to life, but definately at times a bit blitzing. As for the house, it has really developed a "homey" feel. The cats are settled in... although they don't get to go outside nearly as much as they'd like, as it turns out our neighbor is an animal lover and feeds stray cats every morning. Needless to say, I'm not too crazy about that, I don't need Target and Walker coming under the influence of the Sharks or the Jets... or whatever the neighborhood stray cat gang is.

As for training, it's going well. Today I got in my 3 hours... albeit a very wet (did I say wet?) and cold 3 hours through communities that influenced Deliverence. Sunday I headed out to Wintergreen for a 3 hour ride before meeting my cousin Ryan for a full day of snow boarding. After cranking up Reed's Gap only top find parts of the Parkway impassable I descended back down to Rte 151 at the base of the mountain. Despite living in the mounatin I really dislike climbing (except for Mill Mounatin & 12:00 Knob), but I LOVE descending. At the bottom while contently cruising down Rte 151 I ran into some friends from back home. Teammate David Rushing and the father and son duo of Peter & Stephen Deisle drove out for some hill work. They were more surprised to see me than I was them (I think)... afterall, why would I drive out to the mountains to ride by myself when I live in the mounatins? I tagged along for a while, governing my efforts up Boblet's Gap, then bombing the twisty descent before separating at the base of the stupidly steep Wintergreen ascent. Kinda cool, I got to break the monotony of riding alone with the pleasure of riding with friends from home. Anyways... I'll apologize for the lack of congruency of this post... I'm pretty tired. Until next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to have you back. I've been waiting for an update forever. I knew today was going to be a good day. Chris