Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Paris Roubaix


Quick update on the training. I've finally recovered from the move, and finally settling down. Conveniently, this week is a rest week... so lots of zone 1 recovery for me. I heard on the radio this morning that the National Weather Service is now predicting this to be a colder and uglier weather than the warmer winter they initially predicted. Go figure... Oh well, so with morning temperatures in the low 20's... no amount of motivation is getting me out on the road. Besides, trainers are good for something... a good stability workout since you don't have wind resistance helping to hold you up. At least I've been doing a pretty good amount of core work, so it's not too much of a shock to the system. Last night I was able to get my hands on a Tivo'd copy of Paris Roubaix. I'd love to ride that race one day (notice I said ride and not race!). That kind of race is right up my alley. The final sprint was pretty exciting after not seeing it since April. Tom Boonen is the man... and what a fantastic year he had at that! Flanders, Roubaix, a stint in the Green Jersey, and the World Championships in Madrid (not to mention many other wins)... and he's only 24. Anyways... I spun away on the trainer in zone 1 at a comfortable cadence of 100-105... it definitely seemed more difficult than riding zone 1 on the road. Tonight I may ride rollers instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey frank, I've ridden two days in a row! Look out! Chris