Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Wow... what a week... whirlwind runabout


Okay... I've been neglecting the blog of late. The past week has been pretty crazy. Over the weekend we finally moved into our house. The house is cozy, and the lot is expansive with a deep wooded lot... hopefully the cats will really appreciate it. We spent the night on the aerobed Friday night in a house empty except for a few of our boxes, we decided to take the cats with us. Target and Walker didn't really appreciate the change... with none of their usual hiding places or furniture, they more or less freaked out. Up all night meowing, balling, and howling... Target the electronically gifted cat somehow recorded himself meowing for 30 seconds on our answering machine. If you can imagine a 30 second string of "MeOwwww... MeOwwww.." to the effect of "HELP... HELPPP...", you would imagine a sleepless night. My plan for the morning of the move was to sneak in a couple zone 2 hours on the bike. I awoke from my 2 hour slumber far from refreshed and quite zombified. We picked up the ubiquitous U-Haul truck and awaited the arrival of my parents and cousin. My Dad utilized his Ph.D. and lowered 95% of all the boxes over the railing. Our apartment steps are REALLY steep, I impressed my cousin Ryan into manual labor; the two of us fanagaling all of the really heavy and big stuff down the steep and narrow stairway. By the end of the day, we got everything moved, had an enjoyable dinner at the local Schezuhaun restaurant and called in a night.

Saturday night, our first official night at the house, I slept like a rock. It was great.

Sunday, I ordered Peanut Butter pancakes on a whim at the local Pancake House. Pretty good... but make sure you have plenty of water on hand. Basically, they were a stank of 6 big pancakes with a hearty helping of Peanut Butter smothering each layer. Quite filling... I skipped lunch. After Ryan left, we visited the boys(Target & Walker) at Katie's parents' house, then got our Christmas Tree. I've never had a real tree before... I'm glad my allergies aren't what the used to be. The scent is powerful, but full of holiday spirit. Katie did a great job decking the tree with lights and ornaments. After getting the tree up, I took off on a late afternoon--->twilight bike ride. It was pretty chilly and very windy; and I was tired, very tired. The proposed 3 hour zone 2 steady turned into a meandering 3 hour zone 1, with teases of zone 2 during the second half. It flurried here and there... which was nice. Oh, and it was my first time riding an old purple LeMond steel frame I built up for Katie's Dad... only now decked out with full fenders! Gotta love the ride of steel... and the clanging of fender supports when you lose a bolt mid ride (thank goodness for the ipod). Anyways, to avoid being long-winded, a highlight was having to walk a iced over climb. Good times.

Sunday night... slept like a rock again.

Monday... I really don't remember Monday very well, I was a zombie.

Tuesday. See Monday, although the Boys finally came home, and were much more at ease this time.

As for training, this has been a waste of a week for me. My body feels wasted and exhausted, so I've been focusing on trying to rest. The weather is still 10 degrees below average for this time of year, and we're expecting another winter snow/ice/freezing rain blast tonight into tomorrow. I really wish riding the trainer didn't require more motivation than I have right now; but as soon as I'm rested again, I look to get back on track. Finally... here's a picture from the Mill Mountain Time Trial (thanks to www.buffalo2step.com).

No comments: