Monday, May 08, 2006

I actually rode my mountain bike...

I rode my big 29er yesterday for the first time since New Year's Day. I admit I've been neglecting the mountain bike this year; but mountain biking doesn't have the appeal it once did for me. However, spending time on the dirt yesterday was exactly what I needed. The frustations of allergies and less than desireable results lately had taken a toll on my ego; my mind needed a change, but wanted to pedal... therefore a mountain bike ride was the remedy. I ended up riding part of the proposed Commonwealth games XC course. It'll definately be a great course; but it's a shame I'm not a climber. Fortunately, at least, the major climb is fairly gradual and super smooth. Who knows if I'll be racing or not... I've found that mountain biking agitates my twice broken collarbone. Regardless of my mountain biking plans, I'll definately make it to the 19th Annual Tidewater Mountain Bike Challenge.

As for racing, no plans until the PLT #1 Time Trial on June 11th. Watch out July.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»