Monday, February 05, 2007

Here yesterday... gone today.

il Gato and I had a killer ride yesterday (sorry if I almost killed you Dave). I felt great! Kept it steady with the killer headwind and brutal windchill for the ride out to (almost) Blacksburg and back yesterday. Once out past Elliston it began blow quite a bit of snow from time to time. From US-460/US-11 we turned onto Seneca Hollows/Friendship Rd. Wow. After a nice steady 3-4% grade for a couple miles, the road went up... almost straight up! After crossing I-81 we encountered and even steeper hill covered with gravel (read steady pressure to the pedals while climbing out of the saddle) coupled with a killer kicker after a false flat gave use a false sense of being done with the climb. From there it was almost all downhill back to 460. Once back on 460, and with a steady tailwind/helpful cross wind, it was time to test the hammer.

So what about here yesterday and gone today? I felt GREAT yesterday, really motivated, and the hip flexor was a non-issure (thanks to the Body Glide WarmFX). I got back to find Katie with a fever... throughout the evening I began to feel worse; a lot of drainage and a cough. Felt pretty trashed when I awoke this morning... got to t he Y only to cut the workout short. Ugh...

So once again the "Superbowl Bug" struck again; I've missed 7 of the last 8 or so Super Bowls from a bad cold or flu (usually sleeping through it)... I at least watched a good part of the game... although the Super Bowl isn't much my thing.

No comments: