Monday, March 20, 2006

implosion!

Winter is back! Just in time for Spring. Today is chilly and overcast... tomorrow low to mid 30's with a broad range of precipitation: rain, freezing rain, snow, and sleet. The weather for my rest week could not of been much better for this time of year (go figure it was a rest week!). Tomorrow it looks like I'll be a slave to the trainer. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for epic rides in extreme weather conditions; but I've already had my taste of warm weather, and my body no longer accepts the cold and precipitation.

Yesterday I did the 1:00 group ride. I imploded. It could've been due to the fact that it was faster and more climbing than I'm accustomed too at this point in the year; although i suspect it may be allergies. The symptoms seem to be the same every year, unrecoverably high heart rate, sinus crud, breathing difficulty, and a few others. Oh well, the trick is to try and get things under control... the key word being "try". Hopefully it'll work out. It is kind of ironic though... during interval workouts I have been having trouble getting the heart rate up... now it just goes up and doesn't come back down very easily!

No comments: