Wednesday, February 15, 2006

base done

I'm done with Base mileage. The last week didn't go exactly as planned... part mother nature, part under the weather. I developed a little bit of a cold over the weekend, but nevertheless still pulled in a nice 3+ hours in the driving snow. Katie was hit with the cold bug a lot harder than me... probably due to her chosen profession of teaching. I have to admit, I'm pretty tired today... despite being a rest week, I feel far from rested... very tired.

The warmer weather has arrived just in time for the rest week, and sure enough it looks nasty and cold for this weekend (I have a couple longer rides planned for the weekend of course). Next week looks to be chilly, I begin some cruise intervals Tuesday, and some Criss Cross intervals Thursday, with plenty o' Zone 2 too.

Next weekend is also the first Snowball Criterium in Chesapeake. I won the first one last year (B race)... which was actually my first road race, and a great start to a full season. This year they've changed the categories a bit, and I'll be doing the 3/4 race. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity for a field sprint. After that it's the Sonny Hutchins Memorial Crit in Richmond, following Jeff Cup, I'm hoping to get an upgrade to Cat 3.

We'll see.

No comments: