Monday, February 20, 2006

"The Warm Pool is Closed Due to...

Accidental Defecation" That is the sign (printed and laminated) that greeted me as I signed into the YMCA this morning. Kinda disgusting, but pretty funny at the same time. At least it was the "Warm Pool" and not the Olympic pool. The "Warm Pool" is basically the kiddie pool, complete with the huge mushroom looking thing you see in water parks.

As for the workout, Mondays are now an optional recovery ride and the weights are now longer heavy... going back to the higher reps, lower sets. Nevertheless it snowed again last night, I figured a ride on the wet grimy roads would be counter productive (I'm trying to avoid getting sick). The low reps thing was cool, by the time I got past 10 reps today my muscles were cryin'. I guess all that matters is that I didn't quit, and I got everything done.

Tomorrow brings the first day of intervals this year. I'm excited. Although I must admit I am slightly hesitant, as I fear that I may have a little bit of a cold coming on. I've been lucky so far to keep illness at bay (especially compared to last year!). My resting HR has been high lately, although I am hoping it's a sleep related thing, and not a viral related bug.

Cruise intervals tomorrow, Zone 2 Wednesday, and criss cross intervals Thursday. Bring on the speed.

No comments: