Monday, February 06, 2006

Homecoming

I've been patient. I've been isolated. I've deprived myself from riding with others. I've been focused entirely on maximizing the quality of my Base periods... a lot of solo rides in Zone 2. I decided to break the monotony yesterday with the JRVS Sunday morning ride in Williamsburg. I wanted to see how my body would react to intensity. Surprisingly, it handled the task pretty well, the power was there, at times the speed was there. Although I eventually fell off pace, I feel as though that was largely in part to some pretty big efforts I put in early on. No regrets.

In other news, Winter has returned. By Sunday I'll have somehwere between 17 & 20 hours on the bike... hopefully all outdoors; much of which will be below freezing. Joy. I am still motivated.

No comments: