Wednesday, February 01, 2006

15 minutes!?

I rode my bike 15 minutes today. A far cry from the 2.5 hours I had scheduled in. My plan was simple... I didn't have to be at work until Noon, and registration for the Jefferson Cup opened at 9am. Assuming the race would fill up in less t han two hours (it did), my plan was to register and the ride.

At 9am on the dot, I began my resgistartion attempts, Bikereg's server was struggling to keep up with the demand of many others... except all of the categories had "closed" beside them. By 10am, Men's 35+ Cat 5, 50+, and Women 4 opened; finally around 10:30 everything else started opening. I got in; ableit a bit frustrating! By 11:30 the race was full! (a field limit of 100!). Long story short, I started my ride, shortly after starting I decided to end it.

After a very abridged amount of sleep the past few nights, I've been feeling a little run down. In addition I think I over stressed my knees Monday in the gym... they're not very happy, and quickly let me know yesterday. In sum, I figured I'd call it quits today and try to give the knees a break. Next up on the block is getting through this mental fatigue.

In other news, I spoke to Brain Sheetz last night... it turns out Nick, Matt, Jay, and Brain are reforming a new rock band. Good stuff, should be great stuff actually. It'll be interested seeing Matt as the frontman.

No comments: