Tuesday, February 21, 2006

End of Monasticism

Everywhere I went it was nothing but headwinds. I figured an out and back course would involve some sort of polarization; but I was wrong... there must have been some funky crosswinds today.

Anyways, today was my first interval session of the year. The end of the monastic base period! Although I did break the silence with one group ride, and briefly rode with some friends out at Wintergreen, I can now integrate back into group rides... especially races! The Snowball Crit #1 is this weekend, I should be up for it physically. Ah, back to the intervals. It was chilly this morning; during my first cruise interval I think my arms went numb at some point. It was just warm enough to not warrant the heavy stuff, but cool enough to be tough on the arms. The second and third intervals went well. I tried my best to keep the power (classified) consistent. I was happy to be finished after the third one. I had to get out to Elliston and Shawsville (almost Christiansburg) to do my intervals, to my knowledge, that's the closest quasi-flat stretch that suitable for 8 minute efforts ( i hate the trainer).

Thursday's 20 minute criss cross intervals will be fun. Maybe not. Nevertheless, it's a necessary evil. Throw weights into the equation, and it's going to be a long morning of workouts.

Anyways, I think that's all for now. Hello to the occasional group ride and the races.

No comments: